Sunday 17 April 2011

The one shot and steady cam

For the final shot I want a single take where every character except one disappears off screen and predetermined intervals. Much like how longer takes increase the wow factor in fight scenes and increase the immersion in dialogue scenes, this single take should add to the WOW factor of; Where are they all disappearing too??

However, using a hand held camera would simply not do because of the amount of sway. To this end I intend to build a steady cam for the camera using this design: http://littlegreatideas.com/stabilizer/diy/.

After a few weeks of searching around it proved impossible to find threaded pipe in any plumbing stores so I was forced to go to the manufacturers. Still I met with no success until I visited my last option, and lo and behold they had some. The man was nice enough to give it me for free because of the small quantity I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment